Do this if you sell Gumroad products through a custom landing page
In the previous article, I talked about how important it is to have a custom landing page for your Gumroad course
One of the most important points from that article was this:
“You can embed your Gumroad product and redirect the buyer directly to the checkout”
In this article, I want to talk more about this.
What does embedding your product mean?
So let’s say that you already have a custom landing page where you sell your Gumroad product
You probably have a button with a link that just redirects the user to the Gumroad landing page
So even if he clicks a button that says “Buy Now” you are sending him to another landing page
Which is completely wrong
If the button says “Buy Now” then let the user buy now
But how do you do that?
Well... by embedding your product in your landing page
This is how this would look like:
Now the users only need to enter their info and that’s it
And with that, you just made it easier for them to buy your product
Ok, but how do you embed your product like that on your website?
Here is a step by step guide:
- Get your Gumroad product link.
- It will look like this “https://jdeere.gumroad.com/l/gFLbL”
- Now you only need the last part which is “gFLbL”
- Then you add that part to this link “https://gum.co/here?wanted=true”
- Now you can add this link to all of your buttons
- Then you need to add a Gumroad widget from Carrd. You do that by going on your Carrd page, then click on the “+” element from the top right corner, from there select the “Widget”, then select Gumroad for the type and add your product’s link to it (make sure you use this format “https://gum.co/thelastpart”
- Lastly, you should add a section break right before the widget so it doesn’t show on the page. You can do that by adding a new “Control” element (make sure that its type is “section break”) and dragging it before the Gumroad widget.
And with that, you embedded your Gumroad product on your custom landing page
Now, all it’s left to do is watch your conversion rate go through the roof :)
That's it for this article!
Hope you found it useful and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. I'm always happy to help!